Depression: unworthy, unfit

I look in the mirror and I see
I see a pair of green eyes still strong with
a passion for what's fair and what's right
A pair of eyes daydreaming of things simple and pure, black and white

And that's when I realize that
It's as if I'm unfit
Unfit to live in society
Unfit to care for another being
Unfit to have a healthy relationship
Unfit for a long lasting, career progress job

Back in the mirror I see a fair skin  against a honey blond hair
A good looking appearence despite all the attempts
To be a dischevelled and careless type

And then I realize, once again
How unfit I am
to show my face outside
to meet someone new
to try out for new roles
to dare a take what could or should be mine

One last time I gaze in that mirror
and I see a tall girl with curvy lines
a pretty face on a young expression
nothing but a confused and gypsy soul reflection

And that's when I realize that despite all my inteligence and efforts,
I still am seen as unfit
Unfit for being taken seriously
Unfit for being respected back
Unfit for being cared about
Unfit for having a decent future
Unfit for receiving my well earned prizes.

And then I feel lost
I feel dazed
I feel confused
I feel abandoned

Hopeless,
As if even my own reflection at that mirror had too decided I am unfit and unworthy,
and then deserted me, leaving me to my own demises.

 
;