Sometimes we meet a person
and we think they are the most
beautiful song we'll ever listen to
They make love stories finally make sense
fairy tales to feel so real
color to have sounds
and sounds to tickle your skin
And through them we become capable of seeing so much of
joy
goodness
time
hope
There's this thrilling sense of an unforgettable adventure
It's alluring
breathtaking
mesmerizing.
But just then,
into the thin air,
everything disappears...
...when you find out about
the lies
how they used you
how so easily they tossed you away
"Easy comes, easy goes" they say
Couldn't be more true
The illusion shatters into glassy pieces
And into those glassy pieces I glance
and those pieces become a mirror
And into that mirror I dare to look.
and in there I dont see what my mind truly yearns for
--a passage to a different, magical world--
what I really see,
at first,
are this once soulful green eyes,
now filled with a raging fire, a desire to break free and to be dark and mean
I felt my soul colder than ice
My emotions greyer than an empty sky
So I closed my eyes
to let this darkness take over me
a materialising shadow involving me
And my heart didnt race
my mind, still
my body, relaxed
I died for a moment
And when I finally opened back my eyes
to see what all that darkness had turned me into
to see what mean weapon had it given to me
I saw...
Me.
I saw...
Hope.
